Tuesday 19 May 2015

My Writing: The Game

My Writing
In writing we started using inspiration from a poem called ''foul shot'' it was based on sport.You could chose any sport and show not tell. Mrs Cameron said to use strong action verbs,capital letters on a new line each sentence and necessary words.Here is mine I used mostly some of what Mrs Cameron said.

The game.

In center ready to continue game,
as running spots the time 3-0 on scoreboard.
Rubbing hands together to get grip on the ball.
Running to get the pass,
Stamp my foot on the floor
Into position
Aiming at the hoop.
Getting eyes at the net
Looking a little bit up,
Lifting the ball to meet.                             
Brain fizzing
Wanting to get one more point
Just as I'm ready,
Stumbles,  
Crowd gasps
The ball slips.
Just getting my hands back on the ball.
Foot stuck in mud
Swirls into place
doing It over again,
Lifting feet into the air.    

The ball
Rolls,
Leans,
Balances,
Stops

And then    
And then………….


Numbers change to 4-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment